Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tiananmen Square protests of 1989

Nineteen years ago, it happened. The Tiananmen filled with college kids' bloods within an overnight. I was a primary 6 school kid in the age of 12 during the Tiananmen Square Massacre. I was too young to fully understand what has happened, but I witnessed it through the television screen.

Nineteen years later, which was last night, Connie and I joined the 19th anniversary candlelight ceremony to remembrance those who were murdered. We sat for an hour, listened to a few speeches and songs, and we left early.

I didn't comment much or respond to any of the "screaming". Deep inside my heart, I felt that . . . after all these years, it's the same old China. Yeah, people get richer, but the government and attitude didn't change even a bit. Human right? Forget about it. Why screaming for democracy outside the China soil, but not crying out boldly in the center? It was a waste of my time. I am an American Chinese. I fully understand that democracy won't appear just by a few sound of yelling or crying. It takes blood! It took tons of the American life to declare for independence away from the "What so" Great Britain. It took another a few tons of life to end the Civil War!

Even a fool knows that the richer the China, the redder it is. How much unfairness, stepped right of human, and bias judgment did it take for building all of the coliseums around Beijing to welcome the Olympic 2008? China is an Animal Farm! All creatures are equal, but some are more equal than others! As an American Chinese, I can care less and walk away. Let the pigs eat shit and die!

No comments: