Friday, September 26, 2008

Perspective Change

I started teaching university when I was 25. It's been six year . . . I always kept reminding myself to take a step back and not to waste any personal caring upon these young comers. Friendship can be built, but only based on industrial related areas. I thought that I was strong enough to keep my thinking and self-promising, but once again proven that I was wrong.

In 2001, I didn't realize how much I love the America until the fall of the Twin Towers in the 911. I thought that I was a Chinese with a deep Hong Kong root, but I was totally turned over by my self-inner feeling. Currently, the America is facing another challenge. AIG has been disolved. The America is heading towards a Mega Depression . . . I called it Mega Depression, as mega > great. Great Depression happened during the 20's. I am worried. I feel that my home country is suffering. I am in deep sorrow inside my heart. I am hurt and unhappy . . . I am an American-Chinese!

Lately, I kept thinking how bad the situation is. Moreover, I even worry for all of the soon-to-be graduates. As their lecturer, I totally understand that I should keep myself a step back and not to over pay personal feeling on them, but I couldn't help it. Once again, I disporved myself. I worry for the coming depressed market. I worry that most of them cannot be what they want to be, I am sorry for them.

Life is strange. What you are deeply believing in might be changed one day. Maybe, this is what people called, aging . . . or a better term, maturing.

No comments: