Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things That I Wish To See Before My Grave

According to the Chinese tradition, it's the grave visitation season now. I guess most of the Chinese have already rushed to their ancestors' graves for the past few weeks in the memorial of the passed away. Of course, I have paid visitations to all of my gradma(s), and I am gonna say hi and bye to my grandpa this weekend.

It's a Chinese cultural tradition to place some of the ancestor favorite food and drinks before the grave. This is kind of strange to the westerners, but it's extremely usual to most of the Asians especially to the Orientals.

If I were dead, I wish to be settled in the America. A very peaceful and quiet American graveyard is what I want. I don't need to be visited. I rather to be ignored and forgot, just let me to rest in peace with nice sunshine, clean air, and unlimited quiet moments.

If anyone wishes paying me a visit, then I hope that they could bring along the followings before my grave.

Drink List
1. A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon by the Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa Valley
2. An opened green bottle of Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling from Germany
3. An opened bottle of Eiswein from Germany
4. An opened bottle of Richard Hennessy (if it were way too expensive, then even a glass is fine)
5. A cup of Tai Hung Pol (Big Red Rope) Chinese tea with my own tea set

Food List
1. Chinese style roasted goose head. If goose isn't available in the America, then duck is OK.
2. Spicy pig ears, of course Chinese style
3. Sauteed lamb rack seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and rosemary
4. Sauteed rib-eye seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and thyme
5. A box of nice chocolate

Other
1. Japanese 4-sons video (Just burn the DVD for me!)

No comments: