Sunday, January 14, 2007

Selling Lantau for Lamma

I went to Lamma Island for the last weekend after my last IVE class. There are two popular bays that can be reached via ferry from the Hong Kong Island. I always went to the Sor-Koo-Wan for seafood Chinese style, but I went to the other, Yung-Sui-Wan on the last Saturday.

I arrived at around . . . 4:00pm, I walked the island and dug out lots of interesting things and places. I love this tiny and stinky bay. I was so stupid for wasting more than $1000(USD) per month on renting a 500sqft apartment at Tai-Kok-Tsui (right on the opposite side of a Big-Restaurant) last year, but not there. It is a place where the East meets the West. I enjoyed a tea at the Herboland, a place where organic herbs are being grown (organic means . . . you pee and shit at the plant day after day after day . . . ). I ate a Mountain Water Tofu Flower at a Ar-Por Hawker spot. I enjoyed a not too good, but not bad at all western dinner with Chadonnay right next to the stinky bay. In general . . . I had a good time. Of course, I didn't forget checking out the real estate info. I am planning selling the rusty apartment at the Lantau Island for buying one at the Lamma Island.

That's what happened to me during last weekend. Oh yeah, by the way . . . I drank tea with Winnie and Kingslea on the last Sunday, and I was being Red-Bombed by them along with Ar Da and Cashew.

No comments: