Monday, January 22, 2007

Career Or Job?

I joined the blogging world due to a college friend. She married to a Korean and living in the US. I read her latest blog and there is an article about job and career. Then later in the article, it turns into relationship VS job . . .

I asked the same question to some of the candidates at an interview section today. Who doesn't want a career, but who can define its meaning for sure? For years, I thought I could, but it seems like the more I know about it, the more difficult to understand it. If you ask me what a career is at this moment, I can only answer you, "Just shut the f__k up, and get back to work! Only dreamers care."

I am now in charge of two departments. Challenging, yeah . . . very. My career eats me up. During the weekend, I am also an adjunct professor in one of the colleges in Hong Kong. I started being an adjunct 5 years ago at the New York City. Believe it or not, if I had a chance to redo my life, I WILL give my career up for a job. It is because in the end, only money rocks!

Career doesn't take you to the money, but a job can. Career only leads you to the unrealistic enjoyment and pleasure that rich people might look at you and say, "hum~~~ OK . . . cool. So, what's next?" Job might not fill up a person with pride or job satisfaction, but at least the person's stomach can be filled. In the big boys' world, which car is greater, which girl is sexier, and which house is bigger really matter.

I am already 30. I need no career, but a stinky job that brings me to the green paper.

No comments: