Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Child Attitude - BeeBee

Connie and I had a small chat while we were in bed tonight. Both of us felt that BeeBee is having an attitude on me these days. It seems like he doesn't wanna play with me, talk to me, walk up to me, and always "woo~~~" at me (showing his teeth to me). On the other hand, he always play with Connie, walk up to her, and always asking for hugging and touching . . .

Connie told me that might be due to my scolding. I always scolded at him and hit him once he made a mistake or did something wrong. On the other hand, Connie kind of taught him what's right and wrong instead of scolding at him like me.

After our chatting, I felt that Connie and I are like . . . married with a child . . . like a family. Connie and I were talking and worrying for the growth of our own son. It's not an easy task at all. Now, I really feel the pressure of my own parents while I was in my teenage. I was mad at my dad from scolding me on all matters all the time, just like what's happening to BeeBee and I now. I even scolded him back, just like what BeeBee is doing to me now. It's not easy to raise a child. Looking at Connie playing with BeeBee, I feel that their bond is strengthening, but mine is weakening.

I am lucky to have this experience from this mocked up family. At the same time, I am also sorry for me immature attitude towards my parents before and now. I finally realized that it's not easy to be parenting and raising a child. Moreover, all parents are inexperience. We thought that we were ready for raising a child, but we were not. Once we realized where the problem is, it might be too late to fix. I shall try spending more time on BeeBee, but I am afraid that his mind is set.

One more thing that I realized from this mocked up family, talking in bed is a good way for husband and wife communication.

No comments: