Monday, March 31, 2008

The Art Of Self Controlling

I had a not too fancy French cuisine dinner with some of my antique friends for the past Saturday. Connie and I were late, they were kind enough waiting for our arrival. Once we have arrived, they pulled me the wine list immediately and asked me to pick one for them. I gotta admit that I love drinking, but I kind of prohibited myself lately. They were shocked for my rejection of wine picking. In the end, I just randomly picked one.

Should I used to word, prohibition to describe my lately act of self controlling? I quit drinking due to Connie. She didn't like me to drink, she tried hard for stopping me in the beginning . . . as time goes by, I recognize I need to drink no more. I am still addicted in buying a few bottles from here or there as long as the price interests me, but opening? No . . . not even two bottles a month.

It's not an easy task in the beginning. It's just the same as if quitting coffee. It's strange for not drinking while eating . . . it's just not right at all. After a few trails . . . that's it. I need it no more. This action is a form of art. It's the art of self controlling. I am proud of myself and of course, I gotta thank Connie for supporting.

No comments: