Monday, July 28, 2008

The Last Man Standing!

I had a dinner with one of my old friends last night. I knew him since I was in primary 2. So . . . it must be for over 20 years. Seeing him didn't make me feel anything like warmth or really close. On the other hand, I always feel that we are apart further and further away from each other everything I hang out with him.

Honestly, I don't have many friends now. You may say that I am depressed or always being an ass, but I just don't feel like hanging out with most of my old Hong Kong friends. I don't know whether it's Hong Kong or my problem, but most of the people (male) are very comparatively money minded. Once they have tiny bit of extra to spend, most of the men would go hunting for nice asses. The broke would go to the MongKok bars, and the rich would go to the 30th floor (CoCo's Workshop, for those who read the Hong Kong newspaper will understand what I am talking about).

For the whole dinner, he just talked around who's in deep shit and who's f__ked up. He had never mentioned anyone doing better than he is. To him, marriage is for the losers. I deeply believe that he will get marry soon or later, but he is trying to be the last one. A kind of pride to him that I could never understand. Maybe this is what they called, The Last Man Standing!

No comments: