Friday, August 8, 2008

The Older It Takes, The Better It Is . . .

I wasn't a fan of video game when I was in my high school and college period. Since my first NES (red white machine), I have only spent time doing the Final Fantasy VII. It was a great game. It's a RPG game, I love it as I didn't have to do it in a quick manner. In 1998, there was another great game rocked the world, Metal Gear Solid, but I didn't played it, as it's a new start up story, which doesn't has any history like the Final Fantasy, which has six histories before.

Since I had my PS3, I played more now than I was young. I tended not to go for the Metal Gear Solid series, but I bought myself a copy of the latest version, Metal Gear Solid 4. What can I say? After ten years of development, its storyline and its action rocked me. I would say that it's the best game I have ever played.

It's not like anything that has to rush through in a quick time, killing people without purpose, or doing stupid things without thinking. It's . . . a movie form: 1/4 time playing, and the rest is just sitting still watching the CG movie . . . it's a whole new culture.

Culture is the best word to describe these perfect games. A game would only turn into a classic, if it were good only. A class game won't last long enough to face the challenge of time and change. A successful game always turn into a culture under the treatment of time, which mostly take more than ten or twenty years. I love playing these perfect games such as the Final Fantasy, the Grand Therf Auto, Musou, and now . . . the Metal Gear Solid.

No comments: