Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Letting Go > Holding Tight

I am going for a job interview tomorrow, August 02, 2007. I am going to interview for a full-time lecturer position at the Hong Kong Institute Of Vocational Education, IVE. I haven't been working for 4 months on purposely. I gave myself a long break in order to reform my mental status. No, I am not mentally ill, but didn't wanna go on with my f__ked up attitude while I was still in China. This is what people called, "I need a break."

Tonight I heard a news upon a move of Rupert Murdoch. He bought the Wall Street Journal. I was thinking to myself . . . what if I didn't left New York? What if . . . I were still there working for the New York Post? Would I be in charged of the quality development of the Wall Street Journal? These are the questions in my mind tonight.

Life is strange, seems like . . . you can never know what's going to happen next. I remembered that around six months after I had quited the New York Post, Lachlan Murdoch, the son of Rupert resigned. So, there was a management change over the Post. I thought I was smart to make a move to the Hallmark Cards before the incident. Thinking back from today, seems like no matter what path I took, I ended the same - still being a poor broke guy.

I moved from New York to Hong Kong for Aggie. I ended up being with Connie. Seems fate has already planned and written out my life and/or my future already. Often, I keep worrying for what's going to happen next. I worry for money and bread. I worry for being alone. Trying to grab tight on what's in hand might ended up crashing it, but letting go brought me a whole new world. Within the passed two years, I thought lost a lot, but actually, I didn't. I gave up my profession, in return I am more professional than before. I met a very close to perfect woman, who is willing to spend her life with me such an imperfect guy.

Afterall, I am a lucky guy :)

No comments: